[Sussex] Newbie!

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Jun 26 22:42:53 UTC 2005

Hi John, and welcome

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 09:16:15PM +0100, John English wrote:
> Excuse me just dropping in like this. I've just started getting in to using
> Linux and the veterans I've had contact with (via OUSA Linux and TeX - I'm
> studying computers via the OU) say the best thing to do is contact your
> local LUG so that's what I'm doing!
>
> If someone could fill me in on the does and don'ts and norms of the group I
> would be grateful.
>
> I'm in Littlehampton BTW.

Well the list is the main meeting place for the group, the amount of
traffic varies from time to time, and like all things the more you put
in the more you get out.  If you follow Netquitte then you should be
okay, no topics are band, but (surprise, surprise) Linux is the top
contender.

We meet on the last Thursday of each month (except Dec) in Horsham.  So
this coming Thursday is a LUGMoot Thursday (we have moots not meetings).
You'll need to sign up as Holbrook (the club that hosts us) is a private
club and we need to provide them with guest list before the night.  You
can sign up, and get times and directions here:
  http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/moots.php

If you can't make that but would still like to meet some of us then a
few of us also run a stall at the BCF Worthing.  That is on the first
Sunday of each month so the next one is a week today (today still being
Sunday).  Details can be found here:
  http://www.britishcomputerfairs.com/calendar.htm

Hope that helps and hope to see you soon.

Time is fluid ... like a river with currents, eddies, backwash.
		-- Spock, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0