[Sussex] Playback speed on Mythtv

Karl E. Jorgensen karl at jorgensen.com
Wed Mar 16 15:59:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:40:56PM +0000, David Chapman wrote:
> I have Mythtv 0.16 installed on a SuSE9.2 and the playback on my recordings is
> just a little bit fast.Making the audio sound like Japanese.

I take it that the recording is not in Japanese :-)

Two things to check:
- Under the playback settings, try checking/ticking "Use Video as
  Timebase". If the video is playing fast too, this should sort it
- Your video capture card settings: Check the audio sampling rate

At some point I had a similar problem: Audio was OK, but I was only
getting 18-19 frames/second. It turned out to be the video capture size
(under recording profiles): I had it set to 640x480 (that was my X
resolution at the time). It seems that the PVR250's couldn't produce the
frames any faster if they had to scale the image down. But audio was OK.
The solution here was to set the capture size to 768x576 - the native
PAL size ...

> I know Mythtv 0.17 has a variable playback feature but I can't find anything
> for 0.16.

Dunno

> Also am I right in thinking that a 0.17 frontend will not talk to a 0.16
> backend.

Correct. There are protocol changes in there, so the frontend will
barf...

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl at jorgensen.com   http://karl.jorgensen.com