[Sussex] Curious happenings doing gentoo kernel upgrade?

Geoffrey J Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 18 14:01:14 UTC 2005

"John D." <john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk> writes:

> Ho hum!

Hum ho!

---%<----

> Erm, I did also try to see if things would still work by trying to
> emerge the nvidia kernel to compile the module for that kernel version
> but it just throws out a "gcc mismatch" which I don't understand
> either.

There is a check in the NVidia module installer to see which version
of GCC it was compiled with and make sure the kernel uses the same
version.  This is a good idea, but Nvidia is a little over-vigorous in
their checking - there is an override variable you can set.. so before
you try the emerge do:

export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology    || Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com || tealeg at member.fsf.org