[Sussex] Microsoft fails to comply

Geoffrey J Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 18 17:13:41 UTC 2005

Stephen Williams <sdp.williams at btinternet.com> writes:

> And where is that fine going to end up? Not in giving all us hard
> pressed citizens a Tax Holiday that's for certain!

Nor should it.

It should be distributed to the causes that the EU and it's member
states governments see fit.

Besides which, tax holiday reward those who pay most tax - entirely
the reverse of the concept of redistribution of wealth.  If we could
rely on the wealthy to "do right" by the rest of society then there
would be no need for taxation full stop.

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology    || Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com || tealeg at member.fsf.org