[Sussex] Don't push the button!

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 01:28:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 14:42 +0000, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Question:
>
> Is there any way to get links that dont work in Firefox to actually work, without resorting to IE?  I subscribe to www.call18866.co.uk which gives cheap phonecalls.  However, when I want to get to my phone bill page, it relies on a button that does nothing when clicked in Firefox.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't quite follow, do you mean that your Firefox install won't open
any links ?

Because I've not had any snags with Firefox links, but Thunderbird would
only fire up epiphany when I clicked a link (not sure but suspect that
that may have been a gentoo default thing).

I ended up having to add some lines to the prefs.js file so that it
(Thunderbird) knew which browser I wanted to view the linked pages in!

regards

John D.

p.s. and yes I did set the instruction so that it would open Opera