[Sussex] PHP4 - pointers and updates to a class

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Mar 24 21:00:36 UTC 2005

Hi PHP experts

I'm writing some PHP and the I have codes a simple tree node class.
However it appears to be suffering from a simple problems@

Problem:
    I want would like each node to have a reference (pointer) to
    its parent.  How do you do pointers in PHP?  My default coding
    got a copy of the parent node at the time of creation as the
    parent pointer is initilaised then.

I'm sorry to ask such a simple question, but Google has failed me.
Not because it doesn't know the pages to show, but because I don't
know the keywords to put into the search box.