[Sussex] Top posting [ was Ubuntu boot problems ]

nik nik at reducedhackers.com
Fri Mar 25 07:08:03 UTC 2005

Rob , Thomas ....

Rob welcome to the list , thanks for joining in and providing a new and
fresh posting to the list. We at the Slug love new members and love it
even more when people post useful, relevant, interesting, witty,
valuable contributions onto the list.

Thomas, your absolutley right top posting is a pain ... my customers
love to top post and say my habit of putting the answer after the reply
is a pain .. however like Angelo ive discovered that perservance and
education help , and I love your wiki article on the topic. Would you
believe I actually converted a marketing company to post in Plain text
and not HTML when sending news letters ! Could we use an extract of that
as a guideline for the mailing list and maybe place it on the website ?

So now back to my point. . .

Top Posting , Thread Jacking, subject morphing  and other post-iqutte
[1].... Its appropriate that as new members and new netizens join in the
verbal foray that they know the good manners (id say rules or etiquette
but that seems to hard ) . This does thread for instance harks back to
the  another members comments ( I forget his name ) about how as a club
or a group its important that we establish a method or process for both
the meetings and the mailng lists. Maybe now is the time that we have  a
guidelines page on the list to aid people, when they join, understand
how to post to the list and what etiquette is acceptable and what is not
. . now thats a thought that should spark a good point of easter holiday
conversation.

Have fun ... and safe posting !

[1] Me , i would like to begin to see an end to Acronyms and Verb nouning .