[Sussex] Regular scheduled jobs?

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Mar 31 14:54:11 UTC 2005

Hi

On Thu, March 31, 2005 13:01, John D. said:
> So is Anacron actually different from "plain" cron? Because I found a

Yes

> link which suggested using "vixie" cron (not that I understood what it

"vixie" is the "plain" cron as you put it, it refers to the guy who wrote
it, Paul Vixie.

anacron is just a way of having cron behave sensibly on machines that
aren't running 24/7. It keeps an eye on the jobs and is able to run ones
that have been missed due to the machine being off, mostly.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net