[Sussex] Problems, various........

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Sun May 8 16:09:10 UTC 2005

On 07/05/05, John D. <john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> John D. wrote:
>
> > Well I must be missing something, because xcdroast is hanging as well.
> > Hanging??? well it certainly isn't writing anything! Damn Damn Damn.
>
> Sometimes, this "linux lark" is beyond belief!
>
> I've spent about 3 days on and off trying to get these iso's burned.
> Xcdroast didn't want to work, so I boot into my root account to see
> whats going on and bloody k3b decides to start and has burned the discs
> - the md5sums where correct, so I'll try to boot now and see if I can
> get the gentoo installed!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little surprised
that someone who has difficulty reading man pages, and can't burn CDs
from the command line would go for gentoo!

I wouldn't recommend gentoo to anyone who hasn't got a basic
understanding/grounding in linux at least. I'm not trying to belittle
your efforts, just that I forsee further frustration down the road..

Cheers,
Al.