[Sussex] SCP - setup problem

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Tue May 10 12:16:24 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson wrote:

> It is good to see that others are beginning to produce pages for the SLUG
> website.  So thank you Brendan.
>
> The idea of posting it to the list is so that we can all review it and add
> our own comments and suggestions so the help can be as compressive as possible.

Actually this is really mis-titled. It's not so much about SCP as about
setting up password-less secure communication between two hosts using SSH.

What Brendan has described not only works for SCP but for SSH and other
things which use SSH as the underlaying protocol as well, since once it's
done you can type ssh fred at otherpc and it will connect, authorise you and
start a cli session.

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Linux server is like wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.