[Sussex] ./confgure help - cross compiling GTK

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Thu May 12 20:26:34 UTC 2005

anbeyon at btinternet.com wrote:

> but failing miserably :0(

> When I check the config.log file is says part way through the following;

> It can;t find the libc library - it's looking in the wrong place I think !

You are mixing up the XXX library that is used by the application when it
runs and the XXX-dev library that is required to build the application. They
are two different things.

The first is almost always installed on all systems, the second is only
needed on systems where you *build* apps and is therefore NOT normally
installed.

> configure:2894: error: C compiler cannot create executables

This is a dead giveaway that the -dev libs are missing

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.