[Sussex] ./confgure help - cross compiling GTK

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Thu May 12 21:07:50 UTC 2005

Clive Chapman wrote:

> I'm pretty new to compiling using ./configure.

It isn't actually an autoconf problem, it's a compiler thing. You are not
telling the compiler where some needed lib is (or it's missing). You have
specified the header (inc) file location and it's presumably finding those
and the dev libs are normally part of the same package.

> So do I need to add more parameters tothe command line - assuming I can
> fin the -dev lib.

yes, It looks like you need something extra in the way of --libdir

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.