[Sussex] Grub

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon May 16 18:05:33 UTC 2005

Hiya,

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 09:53:27AM +0100, Stephen Williams wrote:
> I've got a spare box to try it on that Ubuntu couldn't cope with -
> SCSI and HPT IDE-RAID controllers with 1x SCSI and 4x IDE drives
> (gotta put 'em somewhere) - Ubuntu's default grub install didn't hack
> it.

I expect your /boot/grub/device.map wasn't correct if you still care.  I
only mention it as it may bite you whatever you end up running as I'm
not sure how changing distribution will help if grub (and therefore
grub-install) is of the same version though.

--
Simon  [ huggie at earth.li ] *\      "Even if it does matter, does it  \**
****** ]-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-[ **\     matter that it matters?" - Marvin  \*