[Sussex] Patent bites patenter.

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu May 19 15:28:43 UTC 2005

Hi

On Thu, 19 May, 2005 14:09, Geoffrey J. Teale said:
> I've consciously not commented on this story so far because it would
> be hard to make a stand against patents and celebrate someones
> suffering at the hands of patent law at the same time.

I'd be very surprised if Microsoft are even remotely suffering because of
these patents. Even if they have to pay $500m they won't suffer. Remember
those $10b/quarter revenues.

It's more likely they'll come to some kind of deal, especially on the
second patent which they can probably buy off with some cross-licensing.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net