[Sussex] RDP on linux?

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Wed May 25 23:33:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 19:13 +0100, Diego Moore wrote:
> On 5/24/05, Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> wrote:
> > I think you'll find that putty.exe makes changes to the registry to
> > store its connection info, and that may not be too popular.
>
> Actually this is not the case at least for the version of putty that
> comes without an installer. Its just a case of having the putty.exe
> file and all your preferences are stored on the exe
>
> Also, I remember reading on slashdot about a linux distro which ran on
> top of Windows off a USB flash drive.
>
> Did anyone else read the article? I don't think its this one
> (http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/usb-qemu.html). I remember that it came
> with a yearly subscription fro anonymous browsing, etc.

Just working on the basis of the install I have (version 0.54) installed
using the installer. I have a registrey key under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SimonTatham/PuTTY

In there there are two keys, Sessions (with a key containing multiple
entries for the session config - and by multiple I mean around 175ish)
and SshHostKeys (with the keys for all the hosts I connect to. I have
around 12 Sessions stored and 16 Hosts.

Not saying it couldn't be run without the need of the registry, and I
suspect that it wouldn't be storing the info if I wasn't saving the
various configurations I have for the machines I connect to.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/