[Sussex] Access to RHEL updates without subscription

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Tue May 31 07:35:53 UTC 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 03:34, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, 30 May, 2005 1:14, Paul Tansom said:
> > Is it possible to access RHEL WS 3 updates without a subscription. Don't
>
> Pretty much. If you have stuff from the less free channels I doubt that
> will be here, but a little rpmbuild effort you can keep yourself up to
> date with:
>
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/3WS/en/os/SRPMS
>
> I can see that you might have fun with that if you don't have all the
> build dependencies installed already because they don't seem to make the
> binary packages freely available. Perhaps a friendly person with a RHEL 3
> license could supply you with them ;)

Correct - Binary packages for RHEL are not available without a valid
subscription agreement.

Checking my email address, you'll see that I'm obliged to inform you that
copying packages from another system to one without a valid subscription is
in breach of the licence agreement that was signed when you subscribed your
systems to the Red Hat Network...

Thanks!

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
 Presales Technical Consultant        office: +44 1483 300169