[Sussex] Access to RHEL updates without subscription

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Tue May 31 16:30:51 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 11:46, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, 31 May, 2005 8:39, Jon Fautley said:
> > Obviously, as per the license agreement, you'd need to remove all Red Hat
>
> Could you please let me know which part of the license agreement it is
> that requires one to remove all RH trademarks before *compiling and
> installing* a package.
> All I can find is Section 2 in
> https://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhel_rha_eula.html which simply refers to
> *distributing* a package, compiling one for yourself would be absolutely
> fine.

Correct - however, I believe that Paul is (and I may be reading too much into
his previous post / using prior knowledge) doing this on behalf of a client,
in which case he's redistributing the package.

Obviously, the above is a slightly 'grey' area (what happens if he does it on
his client's time/etc).. or he could be doing it for a home machine.

I guess it also depends on your definition of 'distributing'..

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
 Presales Technical Consultant        office: +44 1483 300169