[Sussex] Ubuntu Breezy apt strangeness

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Thu Nov 24 20:17:34 UTC 2005

(Belated.  Apologies for this.)

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 09:20:51AM +0000, Ronan Chilvers wrote:
> However look what happened this morning when I wanted to install the
> cvs client:-

What was the time-span between running the command below, and you
running the first 'apt-get update' command?  Do you do anything like
this from within Cron?

> The apt sources cache was completely missing! It updates fine and all
> is now super dooper again, but this isn't the first time this has
> happened. Anyone else seen this with breezy?

Regardless of timespans, running:

apt-get update && apt-get install foo

... before you install anything, is generally the better option.

-- Thomas Adam

--
I'm brutal, honest, and afraid of you.