[Sussex] Newb Question - Reading NTFS filesystem

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:30:58 UTC 2005

I concurr that the use of Partition Magic leades to problems. While it
may generally be OK with Windows it does lead to some interesting
problems in Linux.
I see the problem where people set up many partitions under Windows
(only 4 are normally permitted). Under linux I have now had the problem
that the Windows Partition is not visible to the Partitioner which comes
with Mandriva.
So the rule, back up your data does need to be remembered.
So far, I have never had problems with installing Mandriva, using it's
own partitioner except on the rare occasion when PM has been used.