[Sussex] SUBJECT INSERTED: DVB/MythTV Troubles.

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 16:08:01 UTC 2005

You know what?

I should have gone with Gentoo in the first place.  It might take longer
to get the system working, but with only a few minor changes everything
works nicely.

I setup a generic i686 build on my athlon-xp based box at home, so I can
clone it to use at work, and the DVB card is working like a dream.

*shrug*

Once its cloned, I assume all I'll need to do is edit make.conf and
change -mcpu to pentium4, then add sse2 to the useflags, and run "emerge
-DN world" to make it p4 optimised?