[Sussex] Big wizzy Web fonts.

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 09:29:19 UTC 2005

Stephen Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 09:37 +0100, Angelo Servini wrote:
>
>>Hi folks
>>
>>I wonder if anyone can help me.  Subject, Large bespoke or ready written fonts / Images to use as logo's in websites - you know, type in the text and it renders it as a graphic wizzy looking headline.
>>
>>What I need is a Xara Webstyle / Corel equivalent for linux.  I have so far been unsuccessful in my searches for one.
>>

> Have you tried The Gimp and some of the built-in scripts?

The GIMP has a lot of useful scripts to do that sort of thing, and
there's many more you can download (or write yourself...)

If this is for a commercial site, you may wish to look at the licensing
of the fonts you're using - Fonts have very strange licences on them,
although there are a few 'Free' fonts you can use.

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
  Presales Technical Consultant        office: +44 1483 300169