[Sussex] A SLUG Podcast - Another Way to Promote the Club

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Tue Oct 4 23:52:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:44:46 +0100
Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> Doing anything takes a plan - even if the plan is to have no plan?!?!
> I don't want to plan the thing to death, but I do want a plan.  Some
> idea of what we want to do and a basic idea of the steps needed to do
> it.

IMHO, a project of this sort just won't work without planning. With a
significant number of people involved, the whole thing could get very
messy, very quickly.

In my experience, ranging from solo piano recitals to recordings,
lectures & concerts with orchestras & choirs, there is always a "plan"
of some sort. The "plan" is always held together by the "man".

Whoever lands the job of director is going to have to make sure that the
"plan" is adhered to & keep a group of lively minded tech-heads in line.

I've been involved with too many things over the years that weren't
planned sufficiently & the result was either no result or a result that
was far more hard-won that it needed to be.

Nominal value of this post: two pence ;-)

Gavin. (looking forward to writing some music for this project)