[Sussex] Podcast - DRAFT "actor's release"

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 11:43:48 UTC 2005

Please note that this is intended to be "plain English", and based on a
non-commercial contract I signed for a film session last year.

[Note: Substitute "recording" for "film" as appropriate if it's audio
only.]

Programme Name:
Name of Actor:

Dear <name>,

We write to confirm our agreement concerning our programme <programme
name>.

1: We are filming with an intent to release the programme under a
Creative Commons licence. However, we make no guarantee that the
programme will be completed.

2: The film is non-commercial in nature, and intended to promote the
work of the Sussex Linux User Group ("SLUG") and the use of OpenSource
products. However, in the event of the film making a profit, these funds
will be used to promote SLUG, in a manner determined by the committee or
their successors.

3: In recognition of (1) and (2), you agree to the recording and
subsequent distribution of <Programme Name>, including your
contribution, in any place, at any time, and by any method whether yet
known or to be discovered, in perpetuity.

4: You grant us the right to issue publicity material concerning the
programme and any derivative work in which it may be included, and to
quote your name in such material. If you have given us any biographical
material or photograph(s), you also grant us the right to reproduce
those in the same way.

5: You agree that we shall be entitled, in the interest of production,
to edit, copy, adapt or translate the programme. In doing so, you agree
to irrevocably waive the rights known in the UK as "Moral Rights", and
their equivalents in other jurisdictions.

6: You confirm to us that, to the best of your knowledge, you are fully
entitled to give the contribution you give, and are not in breach of the
copyright of another, breach of contract, duty of confidence or any
other restriction.

7: You confirm to us that your material is, to the best of your
knowledge, accurate and not defamatory to anyone, or calculated to bring
anyone into disrepute.

8: We confirm to you that you are not restricted in any regard
concerning your ability to take part in other works of a similar nature,
nor are you restricted by this contract from making any public comment
whatsoever concerning the programme.

9: You confirm that you understand the nature of the Creative Commons
licence under which it is intended to release this programme, and
understand that some rights concerning the programme, including your
contribution, may be licenced to others under the terms of that licence.

Signed:				(Actor)

Signed: 			(for SLUG)