Fw: [Sussex] Problem writing image to CD

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 20:21:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

I still haven't managed to be able to write a CD from a cron job - it is
still the same pattern i.e. the LED flashes for about 20 minutes and then
goes on steady. The image file is only 76Mb and the writing process works
fine when run through a terminal window.

I have checked the following:
/etc/acpi/actions/ is empty
/etc/acpi/events/ just contains sample.conf  so, presumably, there are no
power saving settings.

dmesg log contains:
Probing IDE interface ide0...
hda: TSSTcorpCD-RW/DVD-ROM TSL462C, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

messages log
Oct 11 20:11:19 localhost kernel: hda: TSSTcorpCD-RW/DVD-ROM TSL462C, ATAPI
CD/DVD-ROM drive

I was wondering whether the particular combo model was part of the problem.
It is a Toshiba Samsung TS-L462 and some users have reported odd problems.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Brendan