[Sussex] Following on From last nights meeting.

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Oct 28 23:31:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:07:32 +0100
nik butler <nik at reducedhackers.com> wrote:

> Okay well we have a date of the 4th of March in the Town Hall from 11
> till 5. Its costs £200.00 for the day to book this and I need to sort
> out Public Liability. However we can charge for the day and we can
> have  the whole use of the Hall for the event. Not however the
> seperate rooms  so we will want to think about floor plan and vendors.
> This is not a  LugRadio Live Lite event its more a Install Fest and
> Open Source  Awareness day. I know I have 2 people volunteering to
> help organise this  along with me  and the roles covered are
> Management and Organisation,  Seminars and Technical delivery.I know
> need volunteers to help on the  day ( at least 3 ). Things to resolve
> quickly are Graphics for marketing  this, The Content for the day (
> yes I have some ideas and what we are  going to do ) and some
> volunteer speakers to pick and choose from.
>

> Over to you
>
> Nik

This sounds like a grand idea - count me in at least to help out
generally & perhaps I could offer my non-techie presentation - if it is
a success at the November moot & if it would be an appropriate topic for
the day.

As for vendors for the day: How about asking cheeplinux.com if they
would be interested? They have very high quality retail packs of all the
major distros, plus other goodies like mugs & t-shirts.

Gavin.