[Sussex] BST to GMT - Fedora 3

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sat Oct 29 10:23:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, October 27, 2005 12:00, Brendan Whelan said:
> Hello,
>
> We have a system running on BST and have been asked what will happen at
> 0200 on Sunday when the UK changes to GMT for the winter.
> Looking at the time settings, using webmin, the system timezone is set to
> "Europe/London (Great Britain)".
> Will the time change automatically?

Yes, the timezone code automatically changes the time based on a set of
rules.

> What happens to cron jobs which are running, say, every minute?

cron keeps going in the timezone it was started in, so if it was started
in BST, it will keep logging in BST until its restarted.

> As an aside, is there an option to use GMT throughout the year?

Yes, you should have a timezone in webmin called UTC, that will set the
time to GMT throughout the year.

--
John