[Sussex] Linux dual boot

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Thu Sep 1 00:20:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:23:38 +0100
Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> You may have issues with GRUB not "seeing" the first distro install
> when you install the second one. It's not really "normal" to have
> multiple installs of linux on a box...

Time for a GRUB question or two:

When I install Debian Sarge, it asks me if & where I want to install
GRUB. I say yes to the defaults & all is well. CentOS asks the same
thing. Should I let CentOS install its own GRUB over the Debian one, or
should I say no to the CentOS GRUB & keep & then edit the Debian one so
that it will also see the CentOS installation?

Whichever of the above is preferred, are there any top tips for
assisting GRUB in understanding & performing its dual-boot duties?

Thanks,

Gavin.