[Sussex] Lots of IDE drives...

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:41:09 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, Ronan Chilvers <ronan at thelittledot.com> wrote:
> Anyone done this and can recommend a good card?  Is an extra controller
> card a good way to go?  Any more suggestions?  Cheap is good with this
> one since I'm just playing around but I don't want to have to jump
> through any hoops with the hardware.

Don't neglect the PSU. Often the barrier isn't the number of channels,
but the amount of current draw when you start the computer up as all
the disks spin up at once. You may find that you get errors where the
disks appear not to be recognised, when i fact this just that a
symptom of having too-low a wattage PSU.

Cheers,
Al.