[Sussex] Lots of IDE drives...

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Thu Sep 22 13:27:37 UTC 2005

Hi folks

Thanks very much to all who responded to my question.  I've managed to
find an old 2 port ATA 66 card (promise chipset :-\ ) for free which
I'm going to have a play with.  I specifically want to learn more about
the software raid implementation in the Linux kernel.  This card should
let me hook up 6 drives (or 5 with a CDROM) which will be enough to
experiment with raid5.

Good point about the power supply though - I'll check it out.

Cheers

Ronan