[Sussex] A rant on using different distributions

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Sep 27 13:16:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 11:23:08AM -0400, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> I've recently installed a variant of Debian (Damn Small Linux) onto my
> laptop. I run Gentoo on my Server.
[snip]
> Here's a little example of how to install in Gentoo vs how to install in
> Debian:

You say you installed "Damn Small Linux" and then you compare it to
Debian.  Maybe the problems such as lack of dependencies are down to
DSL's failings not Debian's.

I don't really understand why you obviously know that DSL isn't Debian
and yet persist in labelling it Debian throughout your rant.

If you want to bitch about Debian, why don't you at least install and
test Debian first?

Simon.

--
 -+// "Well, yes," said Nanny, and once again cut to the heart of the  \\+-
-+<<  sociopolitical debate.  "It's easy to hold everything in common   >>+-