[Sussex] Anyone into bondage?

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 14:55:48 UTC 2005

Jon,

Thanks for the info.

On the connectivity, I mean that if the cable is moved from eth0 (Onboard
NIC) to eth1 (Offboard NIC) then I cannot connect.

I am using Fedora core 3.

Using "ifconfig eth0 up" and "ifconfig eth1 up"made no difference.

When the cable is connected to the onboard NIC:
ethtool eth0|grep "Link" gave Link detected yes
ethtool eth1|grep "Link" gave Link detected no

When the cable is connected to the offboard NIC:
ethtool eth0|grep "Link" gave Link detected no
ethtool eth1|grep "Link" gave Link detected no - the cable is obviously
physically connected as one of the leds is on and another is flashing -
presumably because the other end of the link is transmitting.

Brendan