[Sussex] Top Posting [was: GP2X]

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Tue Aug 1 10:18:14 UTC 2006

paul at paulgraydon.co.uk wrote:
>>> But top posting is still top posting and I think
>>> you sould set an example.  This list caters for all, and a little
>>> forethought can go a long way.
>> A: Well, you wouldn't want to hear the punchline before the joke, would
>> you?
>> Q: Why is top posting bad?
>>
>> Vic.
>>

> I find it irritating that my workplace insists on "top posting" when
> updating our ticketing system.
>
> Still.. nowt much I can do about it.

Well it costing them lot of money doing that way.  At least you have tol
them of you view's about it.  Then it is up to them, let them pay.

No e-mail is not like letter (post/fax).  If someone sends you mail by
fax or post you do not send them a copy of there letter in your reply.
So why do it with e-mail?

Most of the problem is down to fact they e-mail is new thing to most
people.  Next to no one is show how to write an e-mail, it not like
letter.

Now IM's are the next big thing to happen in business and it is happing.

But must never forget in business to importance of talking to someone
one to one.  Even with e-mail, IM's.  Gosh we are IT savvy lot and all
use this mailing list be we know the importance of talking to one and
another.

Well that whinge of the day.

--

C.R.A.P. formally know as DRM
Cancellation, Restriction, and Punishment

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/