[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Thu Aug 3 22:26:42 UTC 2006

Steven Dobson wrote:
> Andrew
>
> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 22:47 +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:
>> Steven Dobson wrote:
>>> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 20:41 +0100, John Thompson wrote:

>>> The flyers we hand out say how to do this with the standard Knoppix CD
>>> so I don't think we want to do that.  The other problem I see with that
>>> is, as I understand it, Knoppix install itself by reformating the whole
>>> disk.  I wouldn't want an icon on the desktop that had that amount of
>>> power, especially as we keep telling folks that Knoppix will not damage
>>> their existing data unless they tell it.
>>>
>> They nothing thought stopping us from putting a copy of document on the
>> cd/web site?
>
> Agreed.  Documents are easy, but which ones?

I would put on there PDF version only because fixed output.

The only issue with doing Slugoppix is when come to creating the ISO it
meant to take some time to do due re-encoding (compression) which is
need to happen.

Boot Screen settings
Boot Screen image must be less then 640x480, idely 640x400 and only 16
colors.

Development team info for Slugoppix
  The image has to be converted in to logo 16 (lss16) format.

--

C.R.A.P. formally know as DRM
Cancellation, Restriction, and Punishment

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/