[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Fay Zee fay.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:41:19 UTC 2006

Slogoppix Project Invitation

(Sorry to take so long issuing this - I've been waiting to get
my email options sorted out)

On 04/08/06, Steven Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:
> P.S.  To anyone coming to the SLUGoppix meet are we going to have a
> machine available on which we can test the install?
Yes

As Steve says, at July's moot we decided we would remaster
Knoppix for future BCFs. I've been on about this before, and
now it's action time!
Remastering is permitted and the technique is covered in my
O'Reilly Knoppix book as well as on the web, as has already
been pointed out. We are remastering the CD, not the DVD [1].

The purpose of this project is:
  1. To promote the Sussex Linux User group
  2. To give users an (unlosable) contact route for further
     support :)
  3. To improve new users' experience of Knoppix by describing
     specific tasks they can do with Knoppix

This project can have a lot of involvement, so I'm inviting
members over to our house for the day, food included :)

Saturday 12th August 2006 from 10:00am. Lunch at 12:00pm.
Tea/coffee
breaks to keep the production flowing ;)

I can provide three pcs/laptops and Steve will bring his
machine.

Please email me for details if you're interested.

Fay

[1] CD, not DVD. We are only producing and selling the CD as
the lowest common denominator of potential users.