[Sussex] Re: Slugoppix Project Part 2: Web Site

Fay Zee fay.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:03:36 UTC 2006

My next idea is: why don't we provide links to media
files for users to open up in the various programs to
experiment with?

Would anyone like to provide sample files that can be
downloaded by users for experimentation? Files such as
photos, video clips, sounds, spreadsheets, macros, and
such like, in various formats?

Lately I've been compiling a list of useful websites
providing free & Creative Commons resources such as
images, sounds and video.

Here is a small selection of what I have so far:

BBC Science & Nature Creative Archive - The Open Earth Archive
http://www.bbc.co.uk/calc/sn/

U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service public domain sound clips
http://www.fws.gov/video/sound.htm

Or the more ambitious can buy from somewhere like:
Public Domain Movies Films Videos Desert Island Films,
Largest Source in Broadcast Quality High Definition
http://www.desertislandfilms.com/faq.html

You get millions of results by Googling for terms such as
    "public domain" video OR films OR sounds OR images
so any help in picking out some key sites would be a help.

Fay