[Sussex] spam filtering

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 20 03:28:00 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 02:58:39PM +0100, Vic wrote:
> SPF can work for any configuration. It just happens that some domains
> *choose* not to protect themselves against forgery. That's their right,
> and they must accept the consequences.

I choose not to use SPF (beyond what tests SpamAssassin does when
the SPF modules are installed) for most of the reasons listed at:

http://david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html

and not because I "choose not to protect [myself] against forgery."

Particularly, expecting the world to implement something as freaky
as SRS just so that your users can continue to forward mail through
them retaining your domain in the address is rather naive and
impractical.

Cheers,
Andy