[Sussex] VPN attitudes

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 20:27:35 UTC 2006

I'd like to do a quick survey about attitudes to VPNs with those of
you who have some involvment in corporate LANs.

By VPNs I mean properly cryptographically secured VPNs using SSL or
SSH.

If an Internet service (eg: webmail) allowed you to connect to it by
setting up a VPN would you use it from work?

Do the security policies at your place of work prevent setting up
arbitary VPNs?

Could you build an important enterprise tool (like an email system)
based on a VPN?

If you do reply please tell me a little bit about the area in which
you work.

If you want to reply off list feel free to. I'm guessing, but it seems
like this would be an interesting thing to have on the list so if you
can reply publicly then please do.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs