[Sussex] Belkin wap

Paul Howard paul at phoward.com
Wed Dec 27 16:03:57 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Dave Chapman <linux-lists at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Just got myself a Belkin 125HSM wireless G router.
> I want to plug it into my network which is
>
> NTL modem > IPcop > 10/100 switch > LAN
>
> The router has 1 RJ45 port for WAN and 4 for LAN
> IPcop does dhcp leasing.
>
> So ?
> What is the best way to connect the Belkin to my LAN.
> Straight to the switch or to the IPcop box via a third nic.
> I don't really want to get myself all confused with trying to setup a VPN
> so
> keep it simple and secure.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Dave,

You should be able to plug it into your switch, set up the router to obtain
a LAN IP address using DHCP and away you go.  The WAN part is only used if
you are plugging the router into an ADSL modem or a cable modem.

Quick question though - if you aren't going to use it as a router why not
just buy a wireless access point instead?

--
Paul Howard

t: +44 (0)1293 738158
m: +44 (0)7771 512312