[Sussex] Internal PCI Hardware Modem - This is getting silly!

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Thu Feb 9 12:38:30 UTC 2006

Hi All

Thanks for everyone's offers of kit - much obliged.  There's a
broader issue in that the machine is currently just a little gateway GP3
PC with arch linux on it that I setup to see if it would work for
us.  It does - so well in fact that they're pushing to use it more and
more.  However I have pointed out that we need a slightly larger machine
with some proper capacity.  I'm thinking of having four modems in the
machine, which, for neatness I'd like to be internal (did think about
the com port card option Dave and Colin but too untidy for several
modems - thanks very much for the offers anyway).  Thanks for the link
Steve - I'll investigate that. I've given up on the Zoom one - just
can't get one anywhere for some reason.

So is this all some big conspiracy to get people to buy modems for more
than they're worth?  In a Hitchhikers Guide, Slarty Bartfast paranoia
kind of a way, I'm inclined to believe it is!!!????!!!

Cheers all

Ronan

--
Ronan