[Sussex] Laptop keyboard layouts

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 07:39:01 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 February 2006 00:45, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When installing DamnSmallLinux on the Toshiba laptop, it asked for the
> keyboard type. I tried standard "uk" layout, but it isn't right - as I
> suspected.
>
> My problem is that I don't know & can't seem to find reference to the
> layout type to choose for this laptop keyboard.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
Gavin,

Last time I installed gentoo, to get the correct keymap I had to look in a
specific file (don't recall the name, but it was listed in install guide).

Anyway, the keymap name was (I think), something like ukmap.gs

I'd guess that there must be something similar for "DSL".

dunno if that "pearl" would be of any use though.

regards

John D.