[Sussex] Advice and Opinions on a laptop purchase please?

G.J. Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Thu Jan 26 13:04:57 UTC 2006

Neil Simmons <nasimmons at gmail.com> writes:

> Any one of them is plenty powerful enough for my needs (and truth be
> told, my preference is the AMD as it's also got a 15.4" widescreen) -
> but I want to make sure that whichever one I go for, Ubuntu is going
> to 'Just Work'.
>
> Has anyone had any experience of Linux on any of these three, and
> opinions they would like to offer?

Probably not quite what you're looking for price wise, but Linux
emporium sell ThinkPads pre-built with Ubuntu and supported.  If I
were buying a new laptop right now this is where I'd be looking:

 http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/laptops/

.. I've actually had a conversation with the CEO of the company this
morning and I am suitably impressed with their knowledge and attitude.

--
G. J. Teale
Software Engineering Team Leader

Cmed Group Ltd.
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus,
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QP, United Kingdom

T +44(0)1403 755 071
F +44(0)1403 755 051
M +44(0)7914 850 491
E gteale at cmedresearch.com
W www.cmedresearch.com

Driven by technology. Guided by experience.