[Sussex] July moot

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Wed Jul 19 07:40:55 UTC 2006

Quoting Gavin Stevens <starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net>:

> I have a few ideas I would like to share with the group regarding
> encouraging home users to "follow the penguin".

> Contributions & pearls of wisdom from the audience would, on this
> occasion, be encouraged.

Well, normally I'd say that the first thing to bear in mind is that
some users will always be happier sticking with Windows, so it's
important not to come across as one of those overbearing "Linux is
perfect in absolutely all ways and you're daft not to switch" zealots
:o)

But I've spent this whole week using the public beta of Vista (for the
purposes of writing an "Upgrading to Vista vs. Switching to Linux"
article, I hasten to add) and frankly, I'm no longer sure I believe
that. So I'll just sit quietly ;o)