[Sussex] Postfix message attachment corruption

Stephen Khoo stephen at khoosys.net
Wed Mar 8 16:43:31 UTC 2006

Been pulling my hair out over this one.

Just recently - not following any config changes or updates that I can
remember - postfix has started corrupting attachments. Smaller
attachments are ok, but anything over say 150K gets jumbled up after a
certain point in the file.

Our postfix sends to amavisd-new (to clamd and Spamassassin) on port
10025 and receives back on 10026.
It doesn't seem to be amavis doing it as turning off content filtering
in postfix delivers to a user box fine but with broken attachments.
Postfix is using a MySQL database for user account lookups. Using the
RPM versions:

postfix-mysql-2.1.5-6mdk
libpostfix1-2.1.5-6mdk
postfix-2.1.5-6mdk