[Sussex] Problem installing software

d binderman dcb314 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:34:59 UTC 2006

Hello there,

>I'm running SuSE 10.0 OSS.

Good choice ;->

>checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
>your installation and add the correct paths!

>Erm. What do I do now, please?

Run yast as root, and make sure you have got the xorg package installed.

yast will probably drag in about half the western world to satisfy the
depedencies, but that should do it.

Failing that, check for packages called something like xincludes.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember one, but there are about
2,400 packages in Suse 10.0, so I could have forgotten a few.

HTH. Any more grief, let us know.

Regards

dcb