[Sussex] Suggestions for backup software

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Thu May 4 08:08:07 UTC 2006

Ronan Chilvers wrote:

> We have a couple of servers here that are used as fileservers for Mac
> OSX clients (using netatalk - works great).  One is the primary server
> that is used on a daily basis.  The other is a failover / backup server
> which does a nightly rsync of the exported filesystems on the primary.

I'm just beginning to look at this for backing up a server for a group of
Windows users.

For very small systems (which mine is) it looks like a Travan tape drive and
some clever scripts are all that is required.

My server will be headless so I'm intending sending emails to a user asking
for tape changes and reporting problems etc.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

"Waiter, there's no fly in my soup!" -- Kermit the frog