[Sussex] New kit i am now playing with.

Nik Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Fri May 5 09:55:27 UTC 2006

> Cool - I've also been looking for something similar to these to cable
> my new place. What's the security like on them, though? It all seems
> to be 'configuration free', which is kinda worrying when you're
> broadcasting your entire ethernet traffic to your entire street...

They are very very cool. Im going so far as to buy one more socket to
plug the Xbox into and drop all the duff cabling and wirelesss
hassles[1] around the house. Network security wise they have a interface
which happily accepted a 64character passphrase ( generated by grc.com )
and enabled each one to be linked to their own private network.  Dat
rate wise its averaging 48Mbps and ive streamed some IPTV from the
server in the office to my Laptop to watch in the House. So Im impressed
I really am .

Nik