[Sussex] Windows XP Shut Down/Reset issue

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun May 7 11:31:34 UTC 2006

Hi All,
Windows !?!?

The problem is a virus predictably a reset.exe and it needs to be removed.

My best ally when I sort those Windows toy computers is to use the free
online scan at www.pandasoftware.com.

The scan is good and catches pretty well anthing malicious but, although
it deletes the viruses they (Panda) expect you to remove all the other
spyware and key loggers etc manually. For this they allow you to save
report, I save it to c:\disks\panda, and then you restart the machine in
safemode (F8 before Windows starts) and then you delete ALL the
identified files manually.