[Sussex] BT 1800 hub

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Wed May 10 20:18:09 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 17:40, Linux Alchemist wrote:
> Not able to establish a connection using either IP address.
>
> http://192.168.1.1/ returns Unable to connect
> http://192.168.100.1/ just hangs trying to load
>
> ???
>
> On 10/05/06, Andrew Guard <andrew at andrewguard.com> wrote:
> > Linux Alchemist wrote:
> > > is it possible to configure the 1800 ADSL/Router using linux?
> >
> > No idea but can it be configered in a browser?
> > Try 192.168.1.1 192.168.100.1

If the device is accessible via a browser, there could be any number of
variations to it's default gateway IP address e.g. my solwise default was
192.168.7.1, but that can be changed.

Below are a couple of google hits that might be of use (afterall, google is
your friend ;-P ).

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/hardware-problems/21103-configuring-bt1800hg-wireless-router-modem.html

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/2wire

If I find anything else that looks promising, I'll post it.

regards

John D.

p.s. I'm presuming that it is actually accessible via a browser as a mate of
mine has a Bt voyager modem/router, and although that mentions setting it up
with the included software, there was instruction to set up the IP manually
as well.