[Sussex] Draytek router configuration

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Thu May 11 14:51:03 UTC 2006

Al Bennett wrote:
> Hi Richie
>
> Thanks very much for your reply, you confirmed the route I was going
> down was right!
>
> I went for the opening port ranges, that way there's still some kind
> of firewall in place on the router.  It all seems to be working as it
> should now.
>
> Thanks for that, useful to have someone who knows this box.  Have you
> updated the firmware on yours yet?  I'm wondering if it's worth doing,
> the wireless stuff doesn't seem to work properly which would be worth
> the effort of reflashing.  I tried upgrading using the FTP method but
> that didn't seem to work right, I couldn't upload the new firmware to
> it without errors. Have you had any success?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Al

Hmm... top posters should be shot on sight.....

Anyway, glad to hear it is working.  They really are wonderful devices
once you get used to them (but I am biased!)

I also have problems with the wireless server - it doesn't seem to
consistantly give IP addresses out, and so for the moment, mine is
turned off.  My current FW version is 2.6.3.1_E38.  I see there is now
an RC2 release on their website:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2800_2641rc2_uk.zip  I
haven't tried updating the 2800 yet, but the 2600 I used to update
periodically without a problem.

It is best to use the supplied TFTP software to upload the changes.

Cheers,

Richie