[Sussex] Broadband at last

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed May 17 05:57:21 UTC 2006

Gavin

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 00:44 +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> We finally got broadband last Thursday.

Welcome to the wonderful world of high speed internet surfing.

> All went very smoothly & everything just worked.

As it should it you went down the router route (rather than fiddling
about with modems).

> I wanted to use UKLinux for broadband but their packages seemed very
> uncompetitive. After a bit of searching I chose EFH Broadband who were
> offering up to 8 Mbps speed & a 30GB download limit for £25 a month.
>
> They don't specifically support Linux, but there were plenty of posts on
> their own forums from happy Linux users.

As long as the ISP provide a simple network link then it should work
with any OS/Hardware.  That's the advantage of using open standards.

> So far, so good.

Well now is the time to do an "apt-get (dist-)upgrade" via the web.
The Debian home has some good stuff, but if you want any help just
shout.